Our Mission & Vision
LDC’s mission is to support the unsupported. In its vision, LDC seeks to:
- Partner and collaborate with individuals and organizations in Metro Louisville and beyond.
- Promote positive and healthy lifestyles.
- Provide programs that will address the challenges and meet the needs of our community.
LDC’S VISION IS SEEN THROUGH 5 FOCAL POINTS
- PHYSICAL– Focuses on the elements of physical health, eating habits and exercise.
- Public Health Initiative
- Mental Health Initiative
- SOCIAL– Focuses on the elements of bringing neighbors together and fellowship.
- Community Outreach and Engagement
- INTELLECTUAL– Seeks to support the community through educational and academic outreaches.
- Education and Academic Success
- POLITICAL– This aims to assist communities with voter registration and connecting the public with issues that impact their communities.
- Equity Centered Policies
- FINANCIAL– Addresses topics such as employment; job preparation, home ownership, fiscal responsibility, budgeting, banking, etc.
- Generational Wealth
- Income and Wealth Inequality
- Racial Wealth Gap
Monica Lee Ridgeway
LEARN ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
Collaboration with neighborhood schools to provide resources, volunteers, mentorship, and support to school staff, parents,
Every Little Bit Helps
A community-wide Outreach designed to assist Newburg residents in need with everyday commodities (e.g. hygiene products, cleaning supplies, etc).
It’s simple. Take a look at the suggested items to donate: Soap (Body Soap, Body Wash), Shampoo, Deodorant, Hair Combs/Hair Brushes, Lotion, Toothbrush & Toothpaste, and Other Personal Toiletries.
We are currently taking applicants. Sign up today!
Minority Mental Health Initiative
LDC is shifting the mental health culture and breaking down systemic barriers in underserved communities in Metro Louisville and surrounding counties.
LDC creates community conversations that empower, uplift and elevate historically underrespresented communities in their mental health journeys, while eradicating stigma and elevating Black and Brown communities.
Need more information on how to connect to a mental health professional? Sign up today for more information!
The JobNow Program is a FREE EVENT that offers an opportunity for those in need of employment to connect with local employers with the goal of being hired on the spot! It also provides opportunities for potential employees to receive training on topics such as resume writing, interview, skills and proper work attire. JobNow is currently partnered with 12 employers in the Greater Louisville area (e.g. UPS, Delta Staffing, NPAS, HomeInstead).
"Beat the Heat" Fan Drive
Our “Beat the Heat” Fan Drive Campaign is designed to help deserving families in the Newburg community by donating box fans during the summer. We partner with Walmart Superstores around the Louisville area to supply a pair of fans for each family.
Gifts of Life
“Gifts of Life” Toy Drive is an annual event in which LDC partners with Jefferson County Public Schools and their families during the Christmas holiday.
Blessing in a Basket
An annual partnership with Kingdom Fellowship Christian Life Centerthat provides Thanksgiving Day baskets to families in need in the Newburg area.
MOVE & LOVE Mentorship Academy
A mentorship program for males and females that are in middle school and high school. Participants are supported through a relationship with an adult mentor.. Participants are supported through a relationship with an adult mentor. Mentors meet with students twice per week in a group setting guiding them through set curriculums which addresses topics such as leadership, family and peer relationships and self-esteem. Participants also take part in off-site field trips and volunteer experiences.
Join your hand with us for a better life and beautiful future.
If you would like to volunteer for a program please fill out our interest form and we will contact you within 48 Hours through phone or email.
Our fingerprints on the lives we touch never fade.
Be the change.